5 Fabulous Freebies To Help You Think About Sustainability
As students we love free stuff! Luckily for us there are plenty of ways to nab freebies and discounts and other cool stuff at any Griffith campus. All you have to do is keep an eye out for upcoming events…
One of the next big events on the Griffith University social calendar is Sustainability Week, which will be running across all campuses from Monday 29 August through to Friday 2 September. Not only is the event generating awareness about the environment; there are also loads of free and discounted goods up for grabs all week.
Here’s 5 cool freebies and discounts we’ve found for you during Sustainability Week
- Across all 5 campuses you will be able to treat yourself to $2 coffee refills at participating outlets when you bring your own reusable mug. I don’t know about you, but $2 coffee is what my dreams are made of.
- A 10% discount on vegan food all week at participating outlets. If you’re thinking of changing up your eating habits, this is the week to try out something different.
- Nathan campus will host the Green Market Day on Thursday 1 September. There will be market stalls, free food and much, much more.
- Logan campus will host an Arboretum Discovery Walk and Morning Tea on Tuesday 30 August.
- Gold Coast campus will host the Sustainability Fair on Thursday 1 September where you can earn yourself a treat in the form of a free pedal powered smoothie, native plant giveaways and free live music to chill out to with your friends.
If you can’t get enough of Sustainability Week during the day, you want more freebies or you just want to learn a bit more about the environment; then the Griffith Mates have an event for you.
The Griffith Mates will be holding their annual Go Green event during Sustainability Week on both the Gold Coast and Nathan Campuses.
This event is a fun night out for both domestic and international students, filled with environmentally themed games and activities, native animals to meet and pose with for those perfect Instagram pics. Enjoy a free and sustainably sourced dinner, plenty of prizes and another free plant – can it get any better than that?
So make sure you come and join us for some or all of these events during sustainability week, not only do you get loads of freebies, but you are helping to make the world a better place.
Want to get more details on Sustainability Week? www.griffith.edu.au/sustainability/news-and-events/sustainability-week-2016
Have you got any awesome tips for discounts and freebies around campus?
Did we miss something?
Let us know in the comments below.
Thanks for reading!
– Hayley Payne, Social media reporter & PR and Communication student